Evolution Of Marriage Proposals By @Peero007

Each time I see the word “Evolution”, Darwin’s theory of evolution comes to mind, for those of you non-science people who do not think it necessary to know a thing or two about some basic geeky science stuff, I’ll give a very brief layman’s explanation of the theory. It's a process by which organisms change over time as a result of changes in heritable physical or behaviorial traits e.g notice how rats dodge poisoned food traps??? (Errmm this example hasnt been scientifically proven though).

Now that I’ve explained, let’s proceed. I have been observing marriage proposals for a while and have noticed there is a trend, hence this brief write-up. On different occasions I asked some ladies how they would want to be proposed to and I was surprised when about 90% of them said they hadn’t really given it a thought, I was taken aback, why or were they lying? Because a lot of ladies fantasize about what their weddings should look like, is it an oversight that they do not fantasize about pre-wedding processes? With all the telemundo they watch? Well, this I do not know. I always had this stereotypical notion that ladies want the crowded-setting-guy-kneels-on-one-knee-opens-the-engagement-ring-and-proposes kind of proposal, so to empirically prove my “theory”, I decided to throw the “I know you love the crowded-setting-guy-kneels-on-one-knee-opens-the-engagement-ring-and-proposes kind of proposal” at a couple of ladies, while most still maintained they had never given the whole proposal thing a thought, the rest gave me the most shocking response I never anticipated- “Me? I’ll just hiss and walk away, I cannot allow him add me to the embarrassing scene”- Proposal gone bad? Well I don’t know, but that response was like a wrecking ball to my original notion, no no, scratch that! it was indeed a wrecking ball. So I’m left with no idea as to how ladies want to be proposed to, but that isn’t the issue here.


A marriage proposal is an event where one person in a relationship asks for the hand of the other in marriage, in the past a man had to seek the consent of a woman’s Father before proposing, I don’t know if it’s still that way now, that’s still not an issue. Remember I mentioned something about a trend? A proposal is supposed to come as a surprise (yeah we know, she was expecting it anyway)- you know the proposer opens the engagement ring and says “will you marry me?”, location for this could be anywhere: toilet, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, rooftop, under the sea, while skydiving, wherever.  The trend I don’t understand is why  at the “venue” (venue in quotes) for the proposal, family, friends, colleagues, well wishers, acquaintances  are there, please understand me, it’s one thing when it’s a random proposal with random people looking on and cheering, it’s a different thing when the crowd is everyone in your life, makes it seem like a “rented crowd” with photographers. I don’t know if you understand me though, then the posting of your proposal pictures all over social media (like really?), is that really necessary? Please feel free to comment your objections in the comment box down.

Oh pardon me if I sound outdated,  if the wedding doesn't work out will you still call the crowd? If you ask me, I’d like to keep it simple, I’ll say I’ll propose to my baby in the kitchen, probably while we are cooking and we’ll take all the selfies we want, wait! To avoid stories that touch, I think at the early stages of our relationship I’ll ask her in a not-serious manner how she would love to be proposed to.

When you saw the title of this post, I bet you were expecting some history lessons, then you saw the first line and thought “a little science”…lol… I’m not sorry. Fellas please ask her how she would want to be proposed to, to avoid awkward situations.

Ladies, honestly, how do you want to be proposed to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men Are Scum (By @peero007)

Strangers in Love

Imperfectly Perfect Love by @Peero007